More and more insurance companies and local borough’s are asking for Level 4 Laser & IPL qualification and with new legislation on the horizon, it is now more important than ever that you have this qualification.
If you want to work in the laser industry and have no previous qualifications in this industry, then you need to do the beginners course to become a laser therapist
The NVQ Level 4 Laser Hair Removal & IPL Skin Rejuvenation Course trains technicians to the highest possible standards using the latest most effect laser equipment. Your training will cover skills to perform advanced skin analysis including learning all the Fitzpatrick skin types, enabling you to identify clients suitable for intense light and laser system treatments and formulate a specific course treatment plan to suit the individual client needs.
Within the skin rejuvenation unit, you will learn how to use laser/IPL to treat a multitude of skin conditions including fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, sun spots and freckles, sun damaged skin, acne and pigmentation marks.
Throughout your Level 4 Laser course you will develop a comprehensive understanding of managing safe working practices and how to identify and control hazards within an aesthetic clinic or beauty salon environment.
The Level 4 Laser course will include:
Overview of IPL and Laser
- Laser Physics
- Definition of Laser
- Laser Classification
- The difference between Laser and IPL
- Types of medical and hair removal lasers – How to choose the right laser
- Skin and hair biology
- The causes and definitions of hair growth, hair and effects of hormones
- Different types of hair growth.
- Skin types
Carrying out a consultation
- Patient consultation and communication
- Detailed paperwork
- Skin types and their impact on laser settings
- Consent forms
- Information including medical contra-indications
- Pre-treatment considerations
- How to take a client’s medical history
- Circumstances in which a doctor’s referral or approval is required
- Aftercare and homecare advice.
- The correct use of ‘Treatment Log books’
- Patch testing procedure
- Treatment protocols
- Effectiveness of treatments
- Length between sessions
- Conditions to be treated
- Safe parameters of laser machines for effective treatments
- Describing the physical sensation of the treatment to the client
- Adverse reactions and what to do
- Treating acne, rosacea, thread veins, pigmentation with laser/IPL systems
Day 3 – 5 Practical
- How to prepare a client for treatment
- Live demonstrations
- Practice sessions for students to perform laser hair removal treatments on various areas and hair types
- Practice sessions for students to perform laser thread vein removal treatments
- Practice sessions for students to perform laser photo-rejuvenation.
- Product insight to match kin types with professional products.
Aside from your practical training, your qualification course also involves home-study and assessments as required by the awarding body VTCT. The qualification requires written coursework to be submitted and marked by an assessor before you can be progressed to the assessment stage.
The practical training days required for the course will run from 10am – 4pm, although we ask students to arrive at 9.45am to ensure a prompt start. You will learn the theory of the treatment firstly, and spend the majority of the training days acquiring and demonstrating your practical skills, with a short break for lunch.
Once you have completed all training and coursework, you will arrange to attend a multiple choice written assessment day and practical assessment days to achieve your VTCT qualification.
When you have successfully completed the Level 4 Laser course, you will receive a diploma certificate issued by us. This not only demonstrates your commitment to the training, but also allows you to obtain Public Liability insurance so you can start offering treatments to paying clients from home or mobile.
Once you have completed your assessment days you will also receive your VTCT qualification certificate (this can take up to 12 weeks to be released from the awarding body VTCT).
All of our diploma courses enable you to work from both home and mobile offering the specialised treatment(s) that you have completed. You can start earning by offering treatments to paying clients as soon as you have obtained your insurance.
The Level 4 Laser course is perfect for those looking to move into a career within advanced aesthetic treatments, gaining this qualification could see you working in any of the following fields:
- Aesthetic Clinic
- Beauty Salon
- Medi Spa
- Running your own Aesthetic business
Contact Us Now